Join the team
We currently have vacancies for driver-guides – the face of the company to our clients!
Full time and part time driver - guides
Do you want to work for one of the best and highly regarded tour companies in the country? Connect with nature and play host to international visitors?
We are on the lookout for passionate driver-guides wanting to share our amazing country.
We are a multi award-winning tour operator based in West Auckland and operate small group day tours to the Waikatere Ranges, Auckland City, Hobbiton, Waitomo, Coromandel and even wine tours to Kumeu and Matakana.
The full-time role offers a minimum of 60 hours a fortnight over the high season (with the opportunity for more hours if wanted) and a minimum 40 hours a fortnight over winter.
Part time hours are to suit / by mutual arrangement.
A New Zealand driving licence held for a minimum of 2 years, passenger endorsement and clean police record essential. Class 2 licence preferable but not a must (as all of our vehicles can be driven on a Class 1).
Top industry rates paid.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Safely driving and guiding guests through our tours and providing commentary about the area, New Zealand and our culture etc.
- Guiding customers through attractions where needed.
- Ensuring that our customers have an amazing trip that is carefree and fun.
- Keeping vehicle clean and undamaged.
- Collecting tour payments from customers when required
Skills and experience
Please only apply if you meet this criteria:
- Outgoing and friendly person who will engage with our guests and go the extra mile to make their day.
- Currently have a NZ Passenger Endorsement (proof required)
- Clean full driving license.
- Extensive Knowledge about New Zealand and it’s culture.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High level of English.
- Excellent driving skills and able to drive while providing commentary and entertaining customers.
Job benefits and perks
- Free or discounted meals on tour.
- Flexible hours and working days.
- Great views from your office that is always changing.
- Discount or free entry into New Zealand’s most amazing locations.
- Higher than market rates.